Friday’s Headlines: Weird Weekend Ahead Edition
It’s going to be HOT today. But it’s going to be windy and cloudy and it may even rain on Saturday. So there’s that.
Let’s get to the news:
- There were lots of deaths in the news yesterday:
- The overtime problem continues at the LIRR. (NY Post, amNY)
- Is the mayor a flat-out liar? Well… (NY Times)
- The City previewed the coming June 27 Council primary elections that no one is talking about.
- Crain’s covered the state legislature’s failure — really Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie’s unconscionable failure — to move legislation to allow the city to lower its own damn speed limits…
- …Which reminds us: One of the reasons that New Yorkers have been agitating for lower speed limits was the 2014 killing of 9-year-old Cooper Stock. Well, his now 18-year-old friends marched yet again for justice on Thursday. And Kevin Duggan was there, filing this story and this video: